Saturday, December 26

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from Lea & Eddie!!!!
This Christmas has been pretty memorable! Our weather was crazy and the flu was going through the house.
On the 24th my dad got the flu and was asleep all day. We got a really big ice storm and there was a TON of ice on everything. As the picture suggests, our trees took quite a beating!

A lot of branches fell off and the sound of the ice on the branches was just downright creepy!
Our power went out earlier the night before, because of all the ice, so that was pretty chilly. Thankfully we have a wood-burning stove, so we powered that up and that was our only source of heat. But standing by the fire, warming up my hands, I took up the phrase, "Why not us?!" and we had an amazing Christmas! My dad got better, but that night my sister got the flu pretty bad and the power was still out. I cuddled up next to the fire with my mom and dad and we told stories of our favorite Christmas'. The power came back on that night, so it was off for a bout a day.
The horses were quite troopers! They were snug and warm in their barn and we had filled up big buckets of water so they were set that way. The only they missed was their 'mush-mush' which are the Ontario Dehy Cubes. hehe, although we did get to heat up water with the wood stove and they got a small meal of it. ;)
Christmas morning was much better! The power was on and we were all warm. My sister was feeling better and I kept loading myself up with Thieves, an essential oil that keeps sickness away, I don't really know how to explain it... Here's the explanation: http://youngliving.com/thieves-essential-oil/Thieves-Oil Anyway, we opened presents and watched movies for the rest of the day!

It actually rained all Christmas day, so the horses didn't get to go out yesterday either. Poor guys! They're going to have a lot of energy! We got each other 3 movies each, my dad got Fireproof, Close Encounters & Die Hard (the 2 latter being uber-guy movies that I don't want to watch) My mom got Driving Miss Daisy, The Sound of Music and Julie & Julia. My sister got Steel Magnolias, Sabrina, and U-571 (a war movie). Then I got the BBC Sense and Sensibility, The Ultimate Gift, and A Knight's Tale. I think we've watched 4 out of all the movies so far! hehe! Today we're watching Sense and Sensibility!
My sister and I each got nutcrackers, work gloves, alarm clocks and chocolate! My also surprised us and printed out our blogs and put them in bindings. So now they're books!!! I'm so excited about that. That was really special! We got some other very special things and we feel so blessed.


It's snowing now and the horses are still snug and warm in their barn. We had an eventful Christmas, but one of the best! It looks like it will be snowing all day, so I don't know when I'll be able to get out to play with Eddie. But I'm sure he doesn't mind having some time off. :)
I'm still not sick, thank the Lord and we're taking this weather a day at a time!

Hope all your Christmas' were wonderful and you had a great time with family and friends! Let us not forget the 'reason for the season' that God sent His Son for us.

Merry Christmas!

~Lea & Eddie~




Galatians 5:22
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...