Tuesday, August 11

Thoughts

These aren't necessarily thoughts from today, but just thoughts in general.

Okey doke, well lately things have been going so great with Eddie. I couldn't be more thrilled with him. He is so responsive, he's... just... I can't even explain it. It's like he reads my mind every time I think of doing something he's just so willing to do it for me. It really makes me appreciate how far he has come. The first year that I had him he would rear, go RB and I had absolutly no idea how to control it. So much so, that we contacted the people we had bought him from and asked if they would take him back. We (being our family) knew right then and there that God had a plan for this special animal, and who knew that it would be for me. He has come so far words can't even describe it. In May right after we got him (in April) I remember it had just been my birthday (maybe a day or so after) and I had totally neglected the responsibilties of a horse owner. It's like I didn't care about him for a day. Well my mom said to go out in the pasture and sit there for an hour and see just how lonely it was out there. He had no herd. I remember crying and saying to him, "Until death do us part. I love you so much, Eddie." From then on I was completely devoted to him. He was the part of me that was missing. I was a little RBI girl that was so quiet. Eddie brought that out of me. He taught me how to be confident for his sake and how to be quiet but still assertive. My mom said that has always been my gift, to listen. I've listened to Eddie, I've made so many great friends by listening, then giving advice or just talking to them. I was an extreme listener when I was young, but now I'd say I'm about 65% listening, 35% talking. And that is just fine with me. In the Bible, God says that He opposes the proud, but He gives grace to the humble. God has shown me unfathamable grace. Eddie has taught me more about God and being a Christian, and God has taught me more about Eddie and how to be a better student. Real quick, I wanted to say that God really does love what we love. We are His children, so of course He wants us to be happy.
This Spring Eddie and I had a fall through with our riding. I was very scared to get on because I had taken some big falls and he was Mr. LBE! That was when the auditions came out and I became string crazy. God put me right in my place! He was like, "Nuh, uh! You are not getting a blue string!" Hehe, some people may curse God for that, but I thanked Him! He taught me to wait and He also gave such a HUGE savvy arrow! I was able to, for once, help other people over come their fear. Crissie (I hope she doesn't mind I use her as an example. I love you Crissie!) I was at a play day and she was getting ready to ride. She had a few butterflies and I told her exactly what did to overcome that fear. I thought about our entire play session and remembered if he spooked at all or not. If there was no spooking and everything had gone smoothly and there were no thresholds to be addressed, then I was free to get on! Crissie ended up getting on and she sat on him for a minute or two. I was so proud of her. What I had been battling with just a month or so before, I was able to teach to her because God had put me through that.

Wow! I just typed an essay there!




Take the Trail Less Traveled,
Lea & Eddie

7 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

LOVE y'all's story:)! Eddie keep up the good work;)! You sound a bit like me but I can go from EXTREME RBI to an even MORE extreme LBE:)! lol! You 2 are amazing! Keep going at the pace y'all are and you are going to be FAMOUS!

Lea and Eddie said...

=-D Thank you so much, Lauren! Hehe, famous? Well, thank you very much for all your encouragement. It means a lot. =-)

Jordyn Daniels said...

YEP! Your Welcome:D!

Farmhouse Soaps said...

Lea, you amaze me every single day that I am your mom!
I love you and am so proud of who you have become!

Lea and Eddie said...

=-D Thanks Mom!!

Allison said...

Wow Lea! there was some stuff in here that even I didn't know about. Thanks for sharing! Beautifully written as always!
Love you for forever!
big sis,
Al

Lea and Eddie said...

Love you too Al!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...