Thursday, May 21

Riding!!!

I rode in the dry lot today! We worked on Level 1 things and I had all the confidence in the world! I was really trusting myself that if something felt bad, I would retreat, retreat, retreat. So now I'm really excited to get back out there and ride some more. (Hopefully tonight) I asked him to trot, he didn't really want to, but that was ok! Take the time it takes! We sidewaysed with and without a fence and did a very light lateral flexion and FQ/HQ yeild, and a backup. It's going to be fun riding tonight and teaching him some more of the bow. Now my Level 2 freestyle doesn't seem to far off. Thank you God for teaching me patience!

Luke 21:19
By your patience possess your souls.


Lea & Eddie

2 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

Cool! Patience is such a virtue (if you have it, because if you don't it is so difficult to get through life) I am still working on getting it:)! How did you teach Eddie to bow? I've been trying to teach Sonny but I haven't found a way to teach it that I like....

~Lauren, Sonny, and Red~

Lea and Eddie said...

Carrots!!! He's a big LBI/E so the cookies always help. I held on to the rope with a free hand, and held the carrot under his chest, down by his feet. While I was holding up his foot. I needed an extra arm! Then I just tugged on his foot, and held the carrot down low and he reached for it. Once he masters that, then I just have to ask him to go a little further down and hopefully he'll lay down. =-) My mom was laughing, she was saying that I could just push him over once he's bowing! lol! But she was just joking... hehe! Hope that helped!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...