Wednesday, March 4

How can I explain today...

...roller coaster ride...
...bi-polar...
What?
I started out this morning thinking about future auditions and asking Parelli faculty questions and who knows what else. Needless to say I was a super-predator with my goals and time line.
Then this afternoon I went to a laid back, 'we get there when we get there' attitude.
What to know how?
"Prepare yourself for something dreadful..." -Ellizabeth Bennet, Pride & Prejudice


This morning I went out to play with Eddie. And to tell you the truth, I don't even remember what we did. =-O None. It was so pointless to Eddie and me that I forgot. That was the predator in me.

This afternoon I figuratively slapped myself in the face with a big, fat, muddy towel. Figuratively.

Then I went out to play with Eddie with my dear sister and we had the most amazing time. The most amazing! Packed full of learning for me, Eddie and Scout. Yes, I played with Scout too. We switched. It was fun. I had a ton of fun with Scout and it got me to focus off of Eddie and our uber-goals and to switch to having fun.
"How could I have been so blind?" -Elizabeth Bennet, Pride & Prejudice
If you guessed, I'm reading a Jane Austen book. =-)

SO!

Now we're focusing more on our relationship and forgetting all those goals. I do want to assess my Level 2 before May though. That's a very obtainable goal, since we only have to do Freestyle.

Savvy out,
A never-more goal oriented Lea & Eddie

P.S.
I hope you all that read my blog learn from this. It can so make you feel like a failure when you set these goals for yourself and you don't reach them, either because your horse isn't prepared or you're not prepared.
God Bless.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...