Friday, February 20

Wonderful Day!

Today it was so nice out!
It was sunny and I played with Eddie twice.
The first time I went out and I groomed him, did his feet and gave him some TLC. We went outside after being groomed and we just played around. We trotted over the poles, figure eight, jumped the tube and barrels and we did lots of point-to-point. While we were doing the figure eight though, he would get the 45ft line up under his leg and he would get all confused. But he went straight to the pedestal. ICON OF SAFETY! =-D So then we would do friendly game and he would relax and lick his lips.
This afternoon I went out and we played 1/2 at liberty. First we went in the round pen and we did some basic stuff, pre-flight checks, then I took the 45ft line off and looped it around his head. Thank you Keri, for giving me that idea! So, we did all the games, but we were only half at liberty. It seemed to work really well! So we would head the other direction, and give me his butt while doing sideways, but I would tap his hindquarters and pull the 45 a bit and he would straighten out and tada! Perfect sideways! His circling game was pretty good too. He did a half a lap beautifully and then he got to come in. Then we did two full laps at walk/trot and we ended that game.
I think if we do this for a while (pattern) then he'll get the idea that when we're at liberty we don't always run around like maniacs! =-D
I'll keep you all updated regarding that.
This morning was kind of weird. The ponies seemed a little unsettled, and so did us humans. ;-)
I think we're all over our weird morning! Ooh, and the cool part, was that my 'daily reminder' book said that for today the word was heart broken. I thought it wouldn't apply to me, but then I read the content and it said that when things go badly, do you turn towards Christ? Or away from Christ. So this morning I turned toward.

Savvy on!

Lea & Eddie

2 comments:

Randa said...

SAVVY!! It was a pretty nice day today(weather wise) here. Not too windy, and SUNNY ALL DAY!! Wish I could've played with Brizzee, but too many other things to do. I watched your sister's video today of her playing with Scout, it looked really neat =) Your audition looks supper too!
Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~
www.myspace.com/naturalpaints
www.youtube.com/naturalpaints

Lea and Eddie said...

How are your books going Randa????? I sent you an email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...